[Air-L] Seeking literature on Internet access in prisons and detention facilities

Anne Kaun anne.kaun at sh.se
Tue Jul 14 01:51:53 PDT 2020

Hi Muira
Such an interesting and important topic. I am sure you are aware of Yvonne Jewkes publications on the topic? Chafic Najem at Stockholm University is currently working on a dissertation entitled Prison Produced Media: Politics, Visuality, and Testimonies in Lebanese Incarceration.

Together with my colleague Fredrik Stiernstedt I have published a couple of related articles (though not directly on internet access, but media work conducted by prisoners and the notion of the smart prison):

Anne Kaun & Fredrik Stiernstedt (2020) Prison Media Work: From Manual Labor to the Work of Being Tracked. Media, Culture and Society. OnlineFirst https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0163443719899809

Anne Kaun & Fredrik Stiernstedt (2019). Doing time / Time Done: Exploring the temporalities of datafication in the Smart Prison. In: Maren Hartmann; Elizabeth Prommer, Karin Deckner, Stephan Görland. Mediated Time. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 128-148.
http://sh.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1370356/FULLTEXT01.pdf

and forthcoming:

Anne Kaun & Fredrik Stiernstedt (forthcoming) Doing time the smart way? Temporality of the smart prison. New Media and Society

Would be lovely if you could share your list later.
Thank you
Anne

***************************
Anne Kaun

Associate Professor
Department for Media and Communication Studies
School of Culture and Education

Programme Director Master’s Programme in Media, Communication and Cultural Analysis
+46 (0)8 608 4791

www.annekaun.com <http://www.annekaun.com>

SÖDERTÖRN UNIVERSITY | STOCKHOLM

När du skickar e-post till Södertörns högskola innebär detta att Södertörns högskola kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Du kan läsa mer om hur Södertörns högskola behandlar personuppgifter här <https://www.sh.se/samverka--mot-sodertorn/strategier-ekonomi-och-kvalitet/behandling-av-personuppgifter>. E-post skickad till och från Södertörns högskola kan betraktas som allmän och offentlig handling.

Sending an e-mail to Södertörn University will result in Södertörn University processing your personal data. More information about how Södertörn University processes personal data is available here <https://www.sh.se/english/sodertorn-university/meet-sodertorn-university/strategies-and-quality-assurance/personal-data-processing>. E-mail correspondence with Södertörn University may be classified as official and public documents.