[Air-L] Recording phone interviews

PJ PJ paulatoddmedia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:31:05 PDT 2020

FYI -- Notes below on Notability's requirement that you give it access to
too much of your private data ... This from Reddit user:

Posted by11 months ago
<https://www.reddit.com/r/notabilityapp/comments/cnyl27/google_drive_permissions/>
Google Drive Permissions

Was looking to sync the app to my google drive but the permissions seem
excessive. Usually most app makers will only allow the app access to files
it creates. Notability seems to want total access to every file in my
google drive. I’d prefer to be cautious and not let anything have total
access to everything. Anyway around this?
2 Comments
<https://www.reddit.com/r/notabilityapp/comments/cnyl27/google_drive_permissions/>
Share
SaveHideReport
100% Upvoted

It is easy to find out which personal content your apps are connected to
... Go to Google Apps menu in the upper righthand corner of your Gmail
account/Scroll down to "Account"/Scroll down again to, "We keep your
account protected."/Scroll down to "Third Party Access" ... You will see
something like the screengrab below. You can delete your permissions, but
most techcoms /apps will not allow you to use their programs unless you
grant them access to some personal info. Some of them are horrendously
overreaching.
Third-party access

2 apps with access to your data
These apps and sites may have access to sensitive information. Find out
about the risks <https://support.google.com/accounts?p=oauth_risks&hl=en_GB>
macOS
Has access to Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Contacts
info
Remove access
Slack
Has access to Google Drive