[Air-L] [Street Music During COVID-19] StreetMusicMap Radio in Melbourne

Daniel Bacchieri Daniel.Bacchieri at monash.edu
Wed Jun 17 07:18:34 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

I'm glad to share a new StreetMusicMap podcast episode featuring Melbourne
singer/songwriter Tanya George.

The content is part of my PhD research on street music at Monash University.

*Episode #8 TANYA GEORGE*
StreetMusicMap Radio

Listen on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/7k7hJh8oInnzfnKK2xc6BR

Listen on SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/streetmusicmap/ep8_tanya_george

*Blending soul, jazz and electro pop on the streets of Melbourne, Tanya
George has been reaching new grounds at the circuit of festivals as well
(such as the Melbourne International Jazz Festival, and the St Kilda and
Queenscliff last editions). With a body of work that combines impressive
vocal skills, loop pedals and improvisation, Tanya also shares her thoughts
about the creative process during the COVID-19 pandemic.Recorded on October
17, 2019 (nearby the Palais Theatre, St Kilda) and June 15, 2020 (Zoom
recording) by Daniel Bacchieri, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.**Music
excerpts from the songs "Broke Ass Girl", "The Lie", "Warm", "The Will",
"Rise and Fall", "Writing Machine", "Anxiety". All songs written by Tanya
George ("Broke Ass Girl", "The Lie", "The Will" are co-written with Tommy
Spender).*

*StreetMusicMap Radio is produced by Daniel Bacchieri, PhD Candidate at
Monash Arts.*

Cheers,
Daniel

DANIEL BACCHIERI

PhD Candidate, Arts

Journalist, Media Producer

StreetMusicMap <https://www.instagram.com/streetmusicmap/> Founder & Curator

*Monash University *

Room S703, Level 7, South Wing, Menzies Building

20 Chancellors Walk

Clayton Campus, VIC 3800

Australia

T: +61 413 896 398

E: daniel.bacchieri at monash.edu

W: danielbacchieri.com

Member:
Street Music Research Group
<https://arts.monash.edu/music/research-and-engagement/street-music>
Monash Migration and Inclusion Centre (MMIC) Postgraduate Network
<https://arts.monash.edu/migration-and-inclusion/postgraduate-researchers>
*We acknowledge and pay respects to the Elders and Traditional Owners of
the land on which our four Australian campuses stand. *