[Air-L] [External] Purchaing historical tweets

Amy Mowle amy.mowle at live.vu.edu.au
Sun Mar 22 15:32:57 PDT 2020

Hi Seong Ho,

Unfortunately I believe your options to purchase historical Twitter data are severely limited. Twitter placed strict restrictions on its API back in 2018, and it has become increasingly difficult to build apps that access the API and comply with the ToS. This happened in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal that rocked Facebook.

The best and most efficient ways to retrieve historical Twitter data are in direct violation to Twitter's ToS. Otherwise they're often prohibitively expensive.

Amy