[Air-L] WEBCAST TODAY – The Impact of Covid 19 and the switch to virtual meetings on the Deaf and hard of hearing community

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Nov 19 05:07:04 PST 2020

Starts at 9am EST.  ASL + captioning!  Note that we have another
Accessibility webinar scheduled for Dec 3. https://isoc.live/13025/

ISOC Live posted: "On Thursday 19 November 2020 at 09:00 EST (14:00 UTC),
the Internet Society Accessibility Special Interest Group (A11ySIG) in
partnership with Gallaudet University will host a webinar 'The Impact of
Covid 19 and the switch to virtual meetings on the Deaf "

[image: livestream]
<http://livestream.com/internetsociety2/accessiblemeetings3>On *Thursday 19
November 2020* at *09:00 EST* (14:00 UTC), the *Internet Society
Accessibility Special Interest Group <https://a11ysig.org>* (A11ySIG) in
partnership with *Gallaudet University <https://tap.gallaudet.edu/>* will
host a webinar '*The Impact of Covid 19 and the switch to virtual meetings
on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community
<https://www.a11ysig.org/webinar3/>*'. In the third webinar of this series
on Accessible Meetings, we bring experts to discuss the challenges of hard
of hearing and deaf communities in online world and also to talk about how
to turn these challenges in to opportunities.

*SPEAKERS*
*Christian Vogler*, Director Technology Access Programs, Gallaudet
University <https://tap.gallaudet.edu/>
*Lidia Best*, Chair, National Association of Deafened People (NADP
<https://www.nadp.org.uk/>)
*Mark Wheatley*, Executive Director, European Union of the Deaf (EUD
<https://www.eud.eu/>)

*MODERATOR*
*Judith Hellerstein*, General Secretary, ISOC Accessibility SIG

*LIVESTREAM http://livestream.com/internetsociety2/accessiblemeetings3
<http://livestream.com/internetsociety2/accessiblemeetings3>* (ASL,
Captions)

*PARTICIPATE VIA ZOOM https://bit.ly/34NuspP <https://bit.ly/34NuspP>*