[Air-L] Looking for an RA

Jean Slick Jean.Slick at RoyalRoads.ca
Thu Sep 10 14:21:05 PDT 2020

I have some funding to hire an a research assistant to help with a project examining the phenomenon of Caremongering in Canada during COVID-19. Most of the Caremongering groups have used Facebook to organize.

I already have the list of names and links to all the groups. The first stage in the project will gather descriptive data about each of the 170+ groups from each of the Facebook sites, including description of group, site rules, and available information about the site administrators/organizers. A survey will then be sent to the administrators of these sites; colleagues will also be sending the same survey out to 1,000+ mutual aid groups on the Town Hall mutual aid site in the US. More detailed analysis of activity of a select number of the Canadian Caremongering groups will then follow, with the analysis drawing from activity theory as well as other relevant conceptual frameworks in the disaster management field to assess the nature of the posts on these sites. Findings will be compared to what we know about place-based and virtual-convergence after other types of disaster events.

If you know of someone who might be interested, please have them message me. At this time, I am looking for someone to help with the initial collection of descriptive data. Other stages will follow.

Many thanks,

Jean Slick, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Program Head
Disaster and Emergency Management Program
Royal Roads University
T 250.391.2600 ext. 4189| F 250.391.2619
2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC  Canada  V9B 5Y2 | royalroads.ca<http://royalroads.ca/>
Traditional lands of the Xwsepsum<http://www.esquimaltnation.ca/nationoverview.html> (Esquimalt) and Lkwungen<http://www.songheesnation.ca/> (Songhees) ancestors and families.

LIFE.CHANGING

Students are encouraged to visit Royal Roads’ COVID-19 Info Page<https://www.royalroads.ca/news-events/covid-19> for up-to-date information.

Royal Roads is located on the traditional lands of the Xwsepsum and Lekwungen ancestors and families.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and attachments may contain personal or confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and attachments.