[Air-L] Data Sets for Social Media Use by Platform, by Country, By Year

Rich Canevez rich.canevez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:58:19 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I've been searching the last couple of weeks for a data set that contains
social media use by platform (e.g. Facebook, Twitter), by country, and by
year. I haven't been able to find a single freely available tabular data
set out there that fits the bill.

I've found a few that do individual countries, but gathering each
individual country's data, per year, is a time sink I'd like to avoid.

So does such a unified data set exist? Have you used similar data sets in
the past, and what would you recommend?

Thank you all, and I hope you're all staying safe and healthy!

~Regards,
--
Richard N. Canevez
Postdoctoral Fellow - School of Communications, University of Hawaii at