[Air-L] Veronica Barassi BOOK EVENT: 'How Tech Companies are Profiling Us from before Birth' | LSE Digital Ethnography Collective

Glatt,ZA (pgr) Z.A.Glatt at lse.ac.uk
Sun Apr 25 10:44:29 PDT 2021

Hi all!

Just a reminder that this Wednesday 28th April (6-7:30pm BST) the LSE Digital Ethnography Collective is running a zoom event with the wonderful Professor Veronica Barassi.

Veronica will be talking about her new book ‘Child Data Citizen: How Tech Companies are Profiling Us from Before Birth’ (MIT Press, 2020) and will also be discussing her experience as an ethnographer in making sense of the datafication of family life. By looking at the human tensions and sensory experience of datafication, she will reflect on the merits and challenges of ethnography and autoethnography in the understanding of our complex data environments. As usual, our events are designed to be interactive and generative of ideas and conversation, so we hope you'll come with questions for Veronica and a desire to discuss datafication, family life and (auto)ethnography.

You can book a free ticket and read all info here: https://plum-bee-852.eventbritestudio.com/136930664303

Hope you’re all well and looking forward to seeing some of you there!
Zoe

Zoë Glatt
www.zoeglatt.com<http://www.zoeglatt.com/>
ESRC PhD Researcher in Media & Communications
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Co-Founder: LSE Digital Ethnography Collective @DigEthnogLSE<https://twitter.com/DigEthnogLSE>
Graduate Student Rep 2019-2021: Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR)
Managing Editor 2018-2020: ICA journal Communication, Culture & Critique<https://academic.oup.com/ccc/pages/About>
YouTube channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/Zedstergal> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ZoeGlatt> | LSE bio<http://www.lse.ac.uk/media-and-communications/people/phd-researchers/zoe-glatt>