[Air-L] Submission deadline?

Dan Suthers suthers at hawaii.edu
Fri Apr 16 05:25:43 PDT 2021

In the conferences I have organized I've advocated for (and usually
gotten agreement on) "midnight anywhere on Earth" deadlines. You give a
date and set the server shutdown for midnight of the last time zone that
is in that date. Then there is no ambiguity based on location. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

If someone wants to try to do the math to submit after midnight their
time zone, it is at their risk.

--
Dan Suthers

Professor and Graduate Program Chair
Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences
University of Hawaii at Manoa
1680 East West Road, POST 309, Honolulu, HI 96822
(808) 956-3890 office
Personal: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~suthers/
Lab: http://lilt.ics.hawaii.edu/
Department: http://www.ics.hawaii.edu/