[Air-L] A Question About Twitter Suspensions

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 04:42:32 PDT 2021

Marco,

Thank you for the excellent and thought provoking paper. I have been
digging into the data and the story is somewhat complex. There are accounts
from December 2017 that have the "from_user" showing as suspended, while
the same user on the same week generated Tweets that remain live on Twitter
today. I have also found live RTs where the "from_user" account is reported
as "does not exist" and there are other permutations that seem to defy the
logic of account suspensions and account deletions.

I hand labeled 1,500 Q-likely Tweets from the December 2017 set as follows:

Code, Count, Pct.
Suspended Account, 711, 47.40%
Deleted Tweet, 509, 33.93%
Q Signals, 165, 11.00%
No Sign of Q 115 7.67%

I have documented this research in the first 7 of the 33 videos here, but I
feel there are still many unanswered questions:
https://vimeo.com/showcase/7543134

~Stu

Dr. Stuart ShulmanU.S. Soccer Federation C-Licensed Coach
(#boycott #thebigsix)