[Air-L] A Question About Twitter Suspensions

Marco T Bastos toledobastos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 07:28:31 PDT 2021

Hi Stu,

Are you checking the usernames or the user IDs?if you’re checking the
usernames, chances are the live accounts were recreated after being removed
(new user ID, same username). When Twitter removes an account the username
is offered again in the pool of available handles, so banned users can
create a new account and take over their previous username. Suspension is a
bit different and AFAIK it doesn’t remove the username, but you may be
coming across a single username that existed over several user IDs. You may
find this piece helpful:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0002764221989772

HTH,
Marco