[Air-L] [EXTERNAL] the NFT bandwagon

Matthew Moore Matthew.Moore at uts.edu.au
Fri Dec 24 11:32:29 PST 2021

Hi Salvatore,

I broadly agree with everything Eno says. I am bemused by crypto and NFTs. Like Eno, I think part of their growth is a function of fiscal stimulus and low interest rates of the last decade.

Some comments:

  *   While I am uninterested in crypto/NFTs, I am very interested in equity crowdfunding (that’s where I do my speculative investing - and it comes out of my entertainment budget, not my retirement funds).
  *   I would rather buy art from artists I love (or do something else to support them directly) than mess about with NFTs.
  *   I share your concerns about the drive to turn everything into a recordable transaction.
  *   ICOs and NFTs feel like the consumer version of what CDOs and CDSs were to banks in the 2000s.

Regards,

Matt