[Air-L] Participate in the 5th Asian CHI Symposium (May 7th - 8th, 2021)

Jain, Pranjal pranjal_jain at live.com
Tue Jan 12 10:16:24 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

A Happy New Year!

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

===============

Call for Participation
5th Asian CHI Symposium (https://asian-chi.github.io/2021/ )
Virtually, May 7th - 8th, 2021
===============

The 5th Asian CHI Symposium is the annual symposium organized at CHI conference to showcase the latest HCI and UX works from Asia and those focusing on incorporating Asian sociocultural factors in their design and implementation.

The symposium encourages researchers and practitioners from Asian professional and academic communities in all career stages (e.g., seasoned academics, early career researchers, graduate students, and even undergraduates who have interests in HCI) from Asian communities to be part of this. It also intends to foster a network of young researchers from the Bachelor to Doctoral candidates, recent graduates and postgraduate researchers.

We seek your submissions of original work or showcase for the 5th Asian CHI Symposium. Selected papers will be published at the ACM Digital Library (ISBN: 978-1-4503-8203-8).

For more details information about the submission, please kindly check the call for papers - https://asian-chi.github.io/2021/cfpEn.html

We invite submissions on any of the following research themes and/or contributions within the following HCI fields, but not limited to:

  *   Novel interactive systems and interaction design and techniques;

  *   Novel hardware and software enabling new forms of interaction with computers;

  *   Input and output systems to support creative activities and expressions;

  *   Studies for understanding human capabilities related to interaction with computers;

  *   Knowledge, practices, methods, components, and tools that make technology more useful, usable, and desirable;

  *   Systems and services that address issues prominent in Asia; HCI for development or addressing issues well-known in Asia;

  *   HCI applications for learning, education and family in Asia;

  *   Playful interaction, player experience, and games;

  *   HCI for healthcare management, wellness, medicine;

  *   HCI and UX applications in the industry.

  *   Specific application areas or domains of interest that have significant impacts in the community, e.g.: marginalized community, disability, non-human stakeholders, charities, low and middle-income people, etc.

We have two rounds where researchers and practitioners could submit their work to us.

Important Dates:

  *   Round 1

     *   Submission Deadline: January 28th, 2021

     *   Notification of Desk Reject: February 4th, 2021

     *   Notification of Acceptance: March 9th, 2021

  *   Round 2

     *   Submission Deadline: February 25th, 2021

     *   Notification of Desk Reject: March 4th, 2021

     *   Notification of Acceptance: April 6th, 2021

  *   Submission of Camera-Ready Version: April 20th, 2020

If you have any query in regard to the submission, please contact Masitah Ghazali - masitah at utm.my<mailto:masitah at utm.my> or Sayan Sarcar - mailtosayan at gmail.com<mailto:mailtosayan at gmail.com>.

If you are interested to become a reviewer for the 5th Asian CHI Symposium, please fill out this form: https://bit.ly/3hZ105b

We look forward to having your participation at the symposium in May 2021.

Warm Regards

5th Asian CHI Symposium Ambassador/Team

For more details, see our website<https://asian-chi.github.io/2021/index.html>

Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/asian_chi_conf> and Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/asianchi2021/>.