[Air-L] Call for proposals now open for the 2021 Connected Learning Summit

Jamieson L Pond pondj at uci.edu
Tue Jan 12 11:18:18 PST 2021

Call for proposals now open for the fourth annual Connected Learning
Summit, which will run entirely online through the month of July, in 1 hour
sessions scheduled between 9am – noon Pacific (noon-3pm Eastern). After
this online year, we hope and expect that CLS will convene again in person.

Connected Learning Summit 2021

July 1-31, 2021 | Virtual Event

Online submissions open: January 11, 2021

Deadline for submissions: March 15, 2021

Notifications of Acceptance: April 2021

Call for proposals page: https://clsummit.news/aoirCFP21

Our CFP for this year is focused on self-organized online workshops,
symposia, networking opportunities, social, and gaming events tailored to
an online format. We welcome your proposals for creating an inclusive,
learner-centered, community-driven event that will break new ground in what
is possible for online events and community-building. Our hope is that this
event will strengthen the community and create a space for sharing of ideas
that are relevant and timely today and for the future. Given the
experimental nature of this year’s event, we welcome any and all creative
ideas that meet the goals of sharing ideas and promoting connections within
the CLS community.

Sessions, presentations, and papers originally accepted for CLS2020 will be
invited to present for CLS2021 if they can be adapted to an online format.
Authors of accepted papers will be getting an email from organizers with
more details.

We will be accepting proposals for:

- Workshops

- Symposia

- Experimental and Social Sessions

OFFICE HOURS

Organizers Eric Klopfer, Scot Osterweil, and Mimi Ito will be hosting two
open Zoom office hours for anyone who would like to discuss possibilities
for sessions and events, consider a committee role, or share any ideas.

Click the links below to join the Zoom office hours:

January 29, 4-7PM ET (https://uci.zoom.us/j/92173707658)

February 3, 10AM-1PM ET (https://uci.zoom.us/j/93305537103)

About the Connected Learning Summit

CLS was first convened in 2018 with the mission to fuel a growing movement
of innovators harnessing the power of emerging technology to expand access
to participatory, playful, and creative learning. It represents a merger
between three community events with this shared vision and values: the
Digital Media and Learning Conference, the Games+Learning+Society
Conference, and Sandbox Summit. With a unique focus on cross-sector
connections and progressive and catalytic innovation, the event brings
together leading researchers, educators, and developers. The event is
co-hosted by UC Irvine’s Connected Learning Lab, MIT’s Scheller Teacher
Education Program and Education Arcade, and the Learning Games Network and
supported by a wide network of academic, industry, nonprofit, and
philanthropic partners.

Respectfully,

*Jamieson Pond, Head of Communications*

Connected Learning Lab

University of California, Irvine

CLAlliance.org <https://clalliance.org/> | ConnectedLearning.uci.edu
<http://connectedlearning.uci.edu/> | ConnectedLearningSummit.org
<https://connectedlearningsummit.org>

Twitter: @TheCLAlliance <https://twitter.com/TheCLAlliance> | @TheCLSummit
<https://twitter.com/TheCLSummit>

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/connected-learning-alliance/> |
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ConnectedLearningAlliance/> | YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/c/connectedlearningalliance>

Connected Learning Newsletter <https://clalliance.org/newsletter>

"Everyone you ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye