[Air-L] Launching studies on digital labour - Platforms, Power, and Politics [28 July 2021]

Ambika Tandon ambikatandon94 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 03:19:16 PDT 2021

Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

I'm writing to invite you to a launch event on 'Platforms, Power and
Politics: Digital Labour in India' being hosted by the Centre for
Internet and Society, India (CIS).

The event will launch studies on digital labour in India in three
dominant industries: logistics, transportation, and domestic and care
work. The studies were undertaken by researchers (currently and
previously) hosted at CIS: Aayush Rathi, Ambika Tandon, Anushree
Gupta, Noopur Raval, Sarah Zia, and Simiran Lalvani.

Using deep ethnographic work, each of the studies highlights contours
of power, control, and resistance that shape the experience and
outcomes of working for digital platforms. Through the presentations
and discussions that follow, we hope to unpack strategies for holding
platforms accountable, and implications for platform and policy
design.

The concept note for the event and a reading list are available here:
https://cis-india.org/raw/platforms-power-and-politics-digital-labour-in-india

Date: July 28, 2021

Time: 5pm - 6.45pm IST (11.30am-1.15pm UTC)

Registration link:
https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dK1i_pvXSTSXS2gNq80qFA

We hope you are able to join us at the launch event, and look forward
to seeing you there.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks and regards,

Ambika

--
Ambika Tandon