[Air-L] JUST AI project Events Week:

Powell,A A.Powell at lse.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 08:37:27 PDT 2021

Over the last year the JUST AI project,<https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/just-ai/> supported by the AHRC and the Ada Lovelace Institute has been working on a number of exciting ways to explore data and AI ethics. Our flagship event series, Prototyping AI Ethics Futures, which will take place from 21-25 June, online and in person in London and Exeter, UK.

We'd love to have AOIR community members at these online events:

CAPACITY BUILDING the Monday session on capacity building<https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/event/prototyping-ai-ethics-futures-building-capacity/> on Monday the 21st of June. Prof Edward Harcourt of the AHRC will be chairing my conversation with Hetan Shah, CEO of the British Academy and Prof Gina Neff, about JUST AI's network mapping and areas of potential interconnection that are yet underdeveloped.

DATA & ENVIRONMENT:  the Tuesday session on Data, AI and the Environment<https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/event/prototyping-ethics-futures-data-environment/> where Professor Teresa Dillon will chair a conversation between data scientist and activist Jaya Chakrabarti and Prof Jennifer Gabrys from the University of Cambridge.

RIGHTS, ACCESS AND REFUSAL: On Wednesday we discuss Rights, Access and Refusal<https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/event/prototyping-ai-ethics-futures-rights-access-refusal/> with Dr Alex Taylor, Crystal Lee and Mara Mills, chaired by Dr Louise Hickman and Alexa Hagerty

RACIAL JUSTICE: The Thursday session on Racial Justice<https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/event/prototyping-ai-ethics-futures-racial-justice/> features the work of JUST AI Fellows Yasmine Boudiaf, Sara Chander, Irene Fubara-Manuel, and Squirrel Nation in conversation with Carly Kind, director of the Ada Lovelace Institute.

ETHICS IN PRACTICE the Friday session on Ethics in Practice<https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/event/prototyping-ai-ethics-futures-ethics-in-practice/>, in which my colleague Imre Bard will co-host a conversation together with Andrew Strait from the Ada Lovelace Institute. The discussion will explore the challenges of prioritising ethics in early-stage technology development. The panelists include Libby Kinsey from Ocado, Prof Shannon Vallor from Edinburgh, William Isaac from DeepMind and Mona Sloane from NYU.

You can find a full list of our event series at this Linktree address<https://linktr.ee/justai>.

All best!

Alison.