[Air-L] Call for proposals closing soon for the 2021 Connected Learning Summit [submit by March 15]

Jamieson L Pond pondj at uci.edu
Tue Mar 2 12:55:15 PST 2021

You have less than two weeks left to submit a proposal for the fourth
annual Connected Learning Summit! This year, the event will run entirely
online through the month of July, in 1 hour sessions scheduled between 9am
– noon Pacific (noon-3pm Eastern).

Connected Learning Summit 2021

July 1-31, 2021 | Virtual Event

Deadline for submissions: March 15, 2021

Notifications of Acceptance: April 2021

Call for proposals page: https://clsummit.news/aoirCFP21

Our CFP for this year is focused on self-organized online workshops,
symposia, networking opportunities, social, and gaming events tailored to
an online format. We welcome your proposals for creating an inclusive,
learner-centered, community-driven event that will break new ground in what
is possible for online events and community-building. Our hope is that this
event will strengthen the community and create a space for sharing of ideas
that are relevant and timely today and for the future. Given the
experimental nature of this year’s event, we welcome any and all creative
ideas that meet the goals of sharing ideas and promoting connections within
the CLS community.

We will be accepting proposals for:

- Workshops

- Symposia

- Experimental and Social Sessions

Time Zones

We are considering running some sessions at 4pm-6pm Pacific / 7pm-9pm
Eastern, to accommodate participants in Asia and Australia. Please let us
know if you would like to present during one of these later times when
submitting your proposal.

Forum

We’ve heard from community members that they’d like a space to connect as
they consider submissions for CLS2021. We're excited to announce the launch
of the Connected Learning Summit’s new forum, a place where participants
and presenters can connect, share presentation ideas, and self-organize
sessions for CLS2021.

As we get closer to the event, we are hoping this forum will also be a
space for session organizers and participants to connect before and after
their sessions, and share resources and materials.

Forum sign up:
https://2021.connectedlearningsummit.org/community/?foro=signup

About the Connected Learning Summit

CLS was first convened in 2018 with the mission to fuel a growing movement
of innovators harnessing the power of emerging technology to expand access
to participatory, playful, and creative learning. It represents a merger
between three community events with this shared vision and values: the
Digital Media and Learning Conference, the Games+Learning+Society
Conference, and Sandbox Summit. With a unique focus on cross-sector
connections and progressive and catalytic innovation, the event brings
together leading researchers, educators, and developers. The event is
co-hosted by UC Irvine’s Connected Learning Lab, MIT’s Scheller Teacher
Education Program and Education Arcade, and the Learning Games Network and
supported by a wide network of academic, industry, nonprofit, and
philanthropic partners.

Respectfully,

*Jamieson Pond, Head of Communications*

Connected Learning Lab

University of California, Irvine

CLAlliance.org <https://clalliance.org/> | ConnectedLearning.uci.edu
<http://connectedlearning.uci.edu/> | ConnectedLearningSummit.org
<https://connectedlearningsummit.org>

Twitter: @TheCLAlliance <https://twitter.com/TheCLAlliance> | @TheCLSummit
<https://twitter.com/TheCLSummit>

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/connected-learning-alliance/> |
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ConnectedLearningAlliance/> | YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/c/connectedlearningalliance>

Connected Learning Newsletter <https://clalliance.org/newsletter>

"Everyone you ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye