[Air-L] Indigenous/First peoples and digital data/information

Deborah Lupton deborah.lupton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 02:32:14 PDT 2021

Dear Geoff

Here are some of my faves (mostly Oz based, but some including Maori and
other perspectives):

George L, Tauri J and MacDonald LTAoT (2020) Indigenous Research Ethics :
Claiming Research Sovereignty Beyond Deficit and the Colonial Legacy.
Bingley: Emerald Publishing Limited.

Kukutai T and Taylor J (2016) Indigenous Data Sovereignty: Toward an
Agenda. Canberra: ANU Press.

Kuoljok K (2019) Without land we are lost: traditional knowledge, digital
technology and power relations. *AlterNative: An International Journal of
Indigenous Peoples* 15(4): 349-358.

Lovett R, Lee V, Kukutai T, et al. (2019) Good data practices for
Indigenous data sovereignty and governance. In: Daly A, Devitt SK and Mann
M (eds) *Good Data*. Amsterdam: Institute of Network Cultures, pp. 26-36.

Mann M and Daly A (2018) (Big) data and the North-in-South: Australia’s
informational imperialism and digital colonialism. *Television & New Media*
20(4): 379-395.

Walter M and Suina M (2019) Indigenous data, indigenous methodologies and
indigenous data sovereignty. *International Journal of Social Research
Methodology* 22(3): 233-243.

All best wishes

Deborah