[Air-L] Indigenous/First peoples and digital data/information

Lonny J Avi Brooks dr.brooks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 04:05:45 PDT 2021

Geoff,

Meant to introduce myself and affiliations below. Your questions resonate
with me. Thanks.

Lonny
aka Avi
aka "Mixcoatl" (Our Galaxy in Nahuatl, language of the Aztecs/Toltecs)

Twitter: @avilonny
Insta: @avilonny

Lonny J Avi Brooks, PhD. <http://comm.csueastbay.edu/dr-lonny-j-avi-brooks/>

*Summer Chair *2019, Department of Communication
*Associate Professor* in Strategic Communication | Communication & Media
Studies
Department of Communication
California State University East Bay

I play a number of roles in our multiverse, Native slipstream:

   - *Resident Afrofuturist | Co-Executive Producer, Co-Creator **with
   Ahmed Best, Host and Co-Executive Producer, Co-Creator*@The Afrofuturist
   Podcast with Ahmed Best on iTunes
   <https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/theafrofuturistpodcast/id1250649880>
    https://www.facebook.com/theafrofuturistpodcast/ *"Shifting the Lens:
   Democratizing, imagining anti-racist futures where Black Futures
Matter"**--Ahmed
   Best & Lonny Avi Brooks*

   - *Creative Director for California BSAM & BSAM Futures, (Black
   Speculative Arts Movement) Board member and organizer (Oakland), see the
   national and global movement at bsam-art.com <http://bsam-art.com>*

   - *Research Affiliate
   <http://www.iftf.org/what-we-do/who-we-are/affiliates/lonnybrooks/>,
   Institute For The Future*

   - *Long Now Research Fellow
   <http://longnow.org/people/associate/lonnyavi/>, Long Now Foundation*

   - *Co-Game Designer and Co-Creative Director, Afro-Rithms From The
   Future game
   <https://hyperallergic.com/501352/afrofuturist-podcast-eli-kominsky-neuehouse/>

   afrorithmsfromthefuture at gmail.com <afrorithmsfromthefuture at gmail.com>*

   - *Editorial Board: Handbook of Universal Foresight:
   www.universalforesight.com <http://www.universalforesight.com>*

*“She told me the world was made of stories, nothing else, just stories,
and stories about stories.” ― Tommy Orange, There There
<https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/books/review/tommy-orange-there-there.html>*