[Air-L] Three New Books and New Course about the Smartphone (All free)

Daniel Miller d.miller at ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 13 03:12:29 PDT 2021

Three New Books and New Course about the Smartphone (All free)

Daniel Miller

Following on the success of the *Why We Post* book series (which has passed
one million downloads), we are launching a new eleven volume book series
(all free with UCL Press) as well as an online university course (also
free) based on the results of the ASSA project (*The Anthropology of
Smartphones and Smart Ageing*)

You can watch a three-minute trailer for the project here:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_sT6e5gz1w

On 6 May we published:-

*The Global Smartphone* https://www.uclpress.co.uk/products/171335

*Ageing with Smartphones in Urban Italy*
https://www.uclpress.co.uk/products/171345

*Ageing with Smartphones in Ireland*
https://www.uclpress.co.uk/products/171340

Your students can also now join a three-week course on the FutueLearn
platform, The Anthropology of Smartphones: communication, ageing and
health, which started on 10 May at:-
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/an-anthropology-of-smartphones

For more information contact G.Murariu at ucl.ac.uk - Public Dissemination
Officer or D.Miller at ucl.ac.uk @Dannyanth – PI