[Air-L] CfP "Latin America Online" Panel (CEISAL Conf, June 2022)

Nadia Nava Contreras nadia.navacontreras at utu.fi
Tue Nov 16 00:29:46 PST 2021

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to submit paper proposals in Spanish or English to a panel I am coordinating entitled “Latin America Online: Digital Narratives, Networked Imaginaries” (Theme 9.01) to take place within the X CEISAL Conference<https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/ceisal-2022> (Helsinki, Finland, June 12-15, 2022).  The deadline for submitting 300 words abstracts is November 30, 2021.

The panel welcomes broad theoretical reflections and/or case studies addressing one of the following aspects:
a) Representations of the region or specific countries in social media networks and platforms
b) Propaganda and information/disinformation spread online in specific contexts
c) Contesting narratives displayed online by social movements/activists
d) Collaborative initiatives of resistance with a digital focus
The papers should pay special attention to the transformative affordances and proven/foreseeable limitations of internet uses and online participation.

For abstract submissions visit the conference website<https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/ceisal-2022/call-for-papers-open-from-sept-15-to-nov-30-2021> or go directly to the submissions portal<https://confedent.eventsair.com/PresentationPortal/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/PresentationPortal/ceisal2022/abstractsubmission>. May you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Nadia Nava-Contreras

Nadia Nava Contreras
Project Researcher, John Morton Center for North American Studies. University of Turku
PhD Candidate, University of Helsinki