[Air-L] CfP "Latin America Online: Digital Narratives, Networked Imaginaries" (CEISAL Conference, June 2022)

Nadia Nava Contreras nadia.navacontreras at utu.fi
Tue Nov 16 00:35:36 PST 2021

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to submit paper proposals in Spanish or English to a panel I am coordinating entitled “Latin America Online: Digital Narratives, Networked Imaginaries” (Theme 9.01) to take place within the X CEISAL Conference<https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/ceisal-2022> (Helsinki, Finland, June 12-15, 2022).  The deadline for submitting 300 words abstracts is November 30, 2021.

The panel welcomes broad theoretical reflections and/or case studies addressing one of the following aspects:
a) Representations of the region or specific countries in social media networks and platforms
b) Propaganda and information/disinformation spread online in specific contexts
c) Contesting narratives displayed online by social movements/activists
d) Collaborative initiatives of resistance with a digital focus
The papers should pay special attention to the transformative affordances and proven/foreseeable limitations of internet uses and online participation.

For abstract submissions visit the conference website<https://www2.helsinki.fi/en/conferences/ceisal-2022/call-for-papers-open-from-sept-15-to-nov-30-2021> or go directly to the submissions portal<https://confedent.eventsair.com/PresentationPortal/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/PresentationPortal/ceisal2022/abstractsubmission>. May you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Nadia Nava-Contreras

Nadia Nava Contreras
Project Researcher, John Morton Center for North American Studies. University of Turku
PhD Candidate, University of Helsinki
Nadia Nava Contreras
Researcher, John Morton Center for North American Studies. University of Turku
Mobile: +358 443339767