[Air-L] Open Rank *Information Justice* searches at Northeastern University

Joseph Reagle joseph.2011 at reagle.org
Mon Nov 29 05:51:05 PST 2021

Hello all,

Northeastern is hiring for multiple open rank positions in Information Justice, with homes in Communication Studies, Journalism, and Design. Please see the description below, forward on as appropriate, and let me know if you have any questions -- I'm on the search committee and am happy to help.

—Joseph

=================================

https://careers.hrm.northeastern.edu/en-us/job/508568/open-rank-professor-information-justice

	DESCRIPTION

	Northeastern University’s College of Arts, Media and Design invites
	applications for an open-rank cluster search in the nascent field
	of Information Justice. Building on recent developments in
	algorithmic accountability, new newsroom technologies and
	journalism tools, critical information studies, critical data
	studies, and universal design, this multidisciplinary area of
	inquiry addresses issues of bias, diversity, equity, and exclusion
	in information and global media systems. We welcome a diverse range
	of applicants whose scholarship, newsroom experiences, design and
	visual communication practice, journalistic work, and/or public
	impact work in Information Justice would contribute to our programs
	in Information Justice in Journalism, Art + Design, or
	Communication Studies.

	RESPONSIBILITIES

	We are particularly interested in candidates who bring an
	interdisciplinary perspective and whose research/creative practice
	and teaching align with one of the following high-priority areas
	related to Information Justice:

	* In Communication Studies, public and community health
	  communication, health information access and equity, and/or
	  health (dis)information campaigns;
	* In Design: visual communication in the public sphere focused on
	  influence, advocacy, and social engagement in civic, health, and
	  environmental issues;
	* In Journalism: justice-oriented data investigations, data-driven
	  media ecosystems analyses, impactful data-driven & digital
	  storytelling, community-grounded partnerships.

	Successful candidates will be primarily appointed in the School of
	Journalism, Department of Art + Design, or Department of
	Communication Studies. Split appointments between these units, with
	other units in the College of Arts, Media and Design (Architecture,
	Music, Theatre), or elsewhere at Northeastern University are
	possible, including the Khoury College of Computer Sciences, the
	Institute for Experiential AI, the Ethics Institute, and the
	Institute for Race, Technology, and Social Justice.

	QUALIFICATIONS

	Candidates must have a PhD, MFA, or other relevant terminal degree
	by the appointment start date.