[Air-L] survey instruments for covid or post covid cities?

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:11:12 PST 2021

Hello AoIRers,

I realise this might be a tangential topic to the community, but I need help finding some survey instruments that would be useful to explore how COVID has impacted city/urban life. There are many directions such a survey could take. I’m working with a team to build a survey that would get at some of the current attitudes and perceptions about urban/city life in a post covid era. We’re finding some surveys on city satisfaction, social support, economic impact, wellbeing and mental health, and attitudes/perceptions of regulations/lockdowns. These are all great and I’m wondering, have any entities ingeniously combined some different instruments to look at a range of factors?

In any case, before we try to build a survey instrument, I’m wanting to see different examples. Help? Have you completed, heard or, or developed any surveys about post-covid impacts? That are targeted at the social, economic, wellbeing impact at the level of the “city”?

Any examples would likely be super useful, as we’re trying to do a rapid scan of various survey protocols, to consider what direction we might want to take.

THANKS in advance for anything you might have, and we’ll happily compile a list of what you find, should there be interest in this topic.

Best,

Annette

Annette N. Markham, PhD
Professor of Media and Communication and Co-Director, DERC (Digital Ethnography Research Centre)
RMIT University, Melbourne City Campus, Australia
Professor (MSO, on leave), Information Studies & Digital Design, Aarhus University, Denmark

https://annettemarkham.com<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fannettemarkham.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cannette.markham%40rmit.edu.au%7Cdfa4e910f8fc442fd53008d90e2fbd1b%7Cd1323671cdbe4417b4d4bdb24b51316b%7C0%7C0%7C637556420514566553%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Q7l9bFKvUJGuYLURhfoHDEr65c5M4QtO9fQVdK0K0eI%3D&reserved=0>
RMIT email: Annette.Markham at rmit.edu.au<mailto:Annette.Markham at rmit.edu.au>
Twitter: @annettemarkham