[Air-L] Disrupting Disruptions Speaker Series, Season 3 starts this week

Alexandra Ketchum alexandraketchum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 08:52:24 PDT 2021

You are invited (and please invite your friends and colleagues)!

This Wednesday we begin the 3rd season of Disrupting Disruptions: The
Feminist and Accessible Publishing, Communications, and Technologies
Speaker and Workshop Series:
https://www.feministandaccessiblepublishingandtechnology.com/p/schedule-of-events.html
.

All events are free to attend, unless otherwise indicated. You need to sign
up on eventbrite to get the zoom webinar link (we do this to mitigate zoom
bombings)- here you can see the full list of our events on eventbrite:
https://www.eventbrite.com/o/the-feminist-and-accessible-publishing-communications-tech-series-31133534805.
Time
zone is ET.  Virtual events are professionally live captioned in english.

*Season 3, Part 1 (September- December 2021):*

Due to the ongoing Climate Change pandemic, times and dates are subject to
change. For season 3, all events are going to be virtual.

September 8, 2021: Claire L. Evans on Broad Band: The Untold Story of the
Women Who Made the Internet, <https://fb.me/e/APlKShNB> 7 PM (VIRTUAL)

September 15, 2021: Dr. Moya Bailey on Misogynoir Transformed: Black
Women's Digital Resistance <https://fb.me/e/17in6OuSX>, 7 PM (VIRTUAL)

October 1, 2021: Dr. MC Forelle on Right to Repair
<https://fb.me/e/2s6gzuBbj>, 5 PM (VIRTUAL)

October 6, 2021: Caroline  <https://fb.me/e/2aDgJw7d2>Running Wolf
<https://fb.me/e/2aDgJw7d2>and Michael Running Wolf on Indigenous AI
<https://fb.me/e/2aDgJw7d2>, 7 PM ET (VIRTUAL)

October 22, 2021: Dr. Julie Podmore and Dr. Elspeth Brown on the Challenges
for LGBTQ+ Archives, Including Digitization <https://fb.me/e/2eOO7ZzxW>, 5
PM  (VIRTUAL)

October 27, 2021: Dr. Alessandra Renzi on Hacked Transmissions: How Social
Movements Change Across Cycles of Struggle and Across Technology
<https://fb.me/e/Vz4NQnK6>, 6 PM (VIRTUAL)

November 3, 2021: Op-Ed Writing and Analytical Commentary Workshop with Dr.
Diane Dechief <https://fb.me/e/1BK0M12AH>, 12:00- 1:30 PM (Lunchtime
workshop) (VIRTUAL) - feel free to attend while eating lunch!

November 10, 2021: Dr. Yuriko Furuhata on Environmental Technologies and
Transpacific Experiments in Atmospheric Control, <https://fb.me/e/1uBf9kn5c>
 6 PM (VIRTUAL)

November 17, 2021: Dr. Jennifer Lundquist on
<https://fb.me/e/2pmAp0IZK>Addressing
the Digital Harassment and Trolling of Scholars <https://fb.me/e/2pmAp0IZK>,
7 PM (VIRTUAL)

December 1, 2021: Dr. Biella Coleman:  <https://fb.me/e/cbjmvorle>From
Busting Cults to Breeding Cults: Anonymous Hacktivism vs. QAnon,
<https://fb.me/e/cbjmvorle> 7 PM (VIRTUAL)

--

Alexandra (Alex) Ketchum, PhD

Faculty Lecturer at the Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist
Studies at McGill University

Director of the Just Feminist Tech and Scholarship Lab
<http://www.justfeministtechandscholarshiplab.com/p/about.html>

Founder of Disrupting Disruptions: disruptingdisruptions.com

The Feminist and Accessible Publishing, Communications, and Technologies
Series

Creator of The Feminist Restaurant Project: thefeministrestaurantproject.com

alexketchum.ca <http://www.alexketchum.ca/>| pronouns she/her