[Air-L] CFP: Console-ing Passions 2022

Mel Stanfill mstanfill at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 08:13:43 PDT 2021

Hi all,

We are hosting a conference that might be of interest for those of you who
do your internet research through a feminist lens. See below for the CFP:

Console-ing Passions 2022 will be held at the University of Central Florida
in Orlando June 23-25th, 2022.  The Organizing Committee invites proposals
for individual papers, pre-constituted panels, and pre-constituted
roundtables that consider television, video, audio, or new media through an
intersectional lens including gender, sexuality, race, and/or other systems
of inequality. We also welcome proposals for video, audio, or new media
creative works related to intersectional approaches to modes of identity.

This year’s theme is “Reinvention.” We see this theme as an opportunity for
reflection on the influence of the pandemic on both media industries and
our own media scholarship, but also as a call to consider the role of a
feminist lens in pushing for reimaginings of our institutional structures
and inequities. Submissions might also consider the ongoing process of
“Reinvention” in the media landscape, from the ubiquitous reboots and
revivals to the restructuring of industries.

As we return to in-person conferencing, we are cognizant of questions of
access, equity, and impact associated with convening in physical space. To
support this process of reflection and reimagining, CP Orlando will be a
hybrid event, with opportunities for virtual participation.

Submissions are due October 1. See the CFP for more details:
https://cp2022.cah.ucf.edu/call-for-proposals/ and follow updates on
Twitter using #CPOrlando.

Mel Stanfill, PhD
Associate Professor