[Air-L] PhD scholarships, St. Mary's University (London)

Jacob Johanssen johanssenjacob at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:04:01 PDT 2021

St Mary’s University is offering five Vice Chancellor’s Doctoral
studentships.

We are looking to recruit exceptional candidates across our research
portfolio, with particular focus on the following five Research Pillars in
our Research Strategy:

- Catholic values and the common good

- Health and social wellbeing

- Creative industries and wellbeing

- Professional practice and social impact

- Human dignity and social justice

The studentships are available on a full-time basis only and will cover
payment of Home* fees and an annual stipend of £14,000 for 3 years.

*Home fees will include EU students starting in 2021/22. International
applicants will receive a fee waiver at the home fee rate and will be
required to self-fund the remaining fees.

Closing date: 4th November 2021.

More details and how to apply:

https://www.stmarys.ac.uk/research/degree-students/phd-opportunities.aspx

Academics in the Department of Communications, Media and Marketing have
expertise in the full range of Communications disciplines, from political
communications and marketing, to film and media industries, from digital
and social media, to popular music and sports media. Some of our interests
include the UK and European media systems, global and transnational
platforms and media, media ethics and politics, subjectivity and digital
culture, emerging technologies, visual culture, crime and gender, fandom,
popular music culture and film philosophy.

We are open to PhD applications in all aspects of media and communications.
We particularly encourage enquiries and applications about projects in the
following areas:

- narratives of exclusion and inclusion

- digital culture and ethics: gender, victimhood and scapegoating

- rhetorical/civic literacy and effective organizational communication

- ethnicity, race and nation in popular media

- political cinemas

More information about staff and research interests can be found here:

https://www.stmarys.ac.uk/research/areas/communications-humanities-social-policy/media-and-communications.aspx