[Air-L] Truth and Trust Online 2021: Early bird registration ends Sept 23rd. Program announced
e.kochkina at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Sep 21 14:02:03 PDT 2021
I am writing to tell you about program and registration updates about TTO 2021.
Early bird pricing for Truth and Trust Online will end on September 23rd! Only a few days left, make sure to register at lower price.
Register Here: https://truthandtrustonline.com/register/
Full program description: https://truthandtrustonline.com/programme-2021-2/
• REGULATION AND PLATFORMS: HOW CAN PRACTICE INFORM POLICY?
• with Jillian York (Electronic Frontiers Foundation), Yoel Roth (Twitter), Farah Lalani (The World Economic Forum) and Susan Ness (The German Marshall Fund of the US).
• COMPUTATIONAL FACT-CHECKING TOOLS: ARE THEY READY FOR THE REAL WORLD?
• with Jonathan Spangenberg (Deutsche Welle), Jennifer Mathieu(Graphika), David Corney (Full Fact), Shalini Joshi (Meedan) and Preslav Nakov (Qatar Computing Research Institute).
Feel free to message us in advance with questions you want to be discussed in these panels via email admin at truthandtrustonline.com<mailto:admin at truthandtrustonline.com> or Twitter @TTOConference.
Interactive Fact-checking workshop
François D’Astier (AFP Check) will show the process behind video/photo verification, geolocation and others, with help from specific tools and a smart use of resources freely available online. The audience will be actively involved with exercises and live interaction.
• Kalina Bontcheva (University of Sheffield), AI-driven disinformation analysis and moderation: Are we there yet?
• Gianluca Stringhini (Boston University), A Large-Scale, Multi-Platform, and Multi-Modal Look at Online Disinformation
• Lyric Jain (Logically), Experiences from the frontline: Winning, losing and learning in the fight against misinformation
Accepted submissions announced!
Congratulations to authors of accepted submissions!
Check out the full list: https://truthandtrustonline.com/accepted-talks-and-papers-2021/
Special issue of the ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality
You can submit your technical papers to a special issue of the ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality, which will also open to other submissions (deadline: November 15, 2021).
More information about the call for the JDIQ special issue can be found here:
Fee Waiver Program
We have a fee waiver program in place for those who do not have the financial resources that permit registration.
Fill out the form if you would like to apply for the fee waiver program to attend the Truth and Trust Online 2021 (deadline to apply is October 4th, 2021).
Please use your professional or student email address and affiliation to fill out this form.
About The Conference on Truth and Trust Online
The Conference on Truth and Trust Online is an annual forum for academia, industry, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders to discuss the problems facing (social) media platforms and technical solutions to understand and address them. TTO’s mission is to bring together all parties working toward improving the truthfulness and trustworthiness of online communications. More information about the conference is on the TTO website.
Contact us if you have any questions at admin at truthandtrustonline.com<mailto:admin at truthandtrustonline.com>
Feel free to pass this email on to anyone you think might be interested!
on behalf of the Truth and Trust Online Organising committee
Dr. Elena Kochkina,
Postdoctoral Research Assistant,
Queen Mary University of London,
The Alan Turing Institute
Email: e.kochkina at qmul.ac.uk<mailto:e.kochkina at qmul.ac.uk>, ekochkina at turing.ac.uk<mailto:ekochkina at turing.ac.uk>
More information about the Air-L