[Air-L] WEBCAST AUG 24-26 – Caribbean Internet Governance Forum and Caribbean Youth IGF Workshop in collaboration with Small Island Developing States (SIDS) IGF

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Aug 24 08:09:33 PDT 2022

As noted below, the 2022 CIGF is a 3 stage affair, 1) local, 2) youth, 3)
global. We are simulcasting in English, but I understand that Spanish and
French are available on the Hubilo.

On *Wednesday 24 August, 2022 - Friday 26 August, 2022* the *Caribbean
Telecommunications Unio <https://ctu.int/>*n (CTU) will host the *18th
Caribbean Internet Governance Forum
<https://ctu.int/event/18th-caribbean-internet-governance-forum-and-youth-cigf-workshop/>*
(CIGF) online. This year, the 18th CIGF will feature a* Caribbean Youth IGF*
(CYIGF) and the CIGF will also be held jointly with the inaugural* Internet
Governance Forum for Small Island Developing States* (SIDS IGF). Having
been discussed as a goal of the DC-SIDS for quite a few years, the SIDS IGF
was catalysed by an intervention and offer of support by the CTU SG in
2021. Support for the idea grew given the realisation that SIDS worldwide
share similar development challenges and there existed no collective IG
forum that addressed SIDS-specific issues. The theme of CIGF 2022 is
“*Caribbean
Internet Governance Priorities for Post-COVID ICT-Driven Development*.”

*LIVESTREAM https://bit.ly/3TaMf1l <https://bit.ly/3TaMf1l> (CTU YouTube)*

*AGENDA
https://ctu.int/event/18th-caribbean-internet-governance-forum-and-youth-cigf-workshop/
<https://ctu.int/event/18th-caribbean-internet-governance-forum-and-youth-cigf-workshop/>*