[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 221, Issue 8

Sarah T. Roberts sarah.roberts at ucla.edu
Tue Dec 6 16:04:18 PST 2022

My word, Andrew — it sounds like you want to interfere when enterprises’ right to operate their businesses ad they see fit, a free speech issue if ever there was one!

Or, back down here in reality, we can actually identify that platforms operate within a series of internal policies and legal/regulatory regimes, and people have a right to opine as to how they would like those things to operate.

Or perhaps the entire business model of commercializing human self-expression to the cynical nadir where it has landed is rotten to the core.

But it takes some pretzel logic to come to the determination that “liberals” and , even worse yet, “academia,”are responsible, via asking for various kinds of concessions and regulations to protect users of all kinds, for right-wing autocracy. Shrug.
—

S a r a h  T.  R o b e r t s,  P h. D.

behalf of andrew.lowenthal--- via Air-L <air-l at listserv.aoir.org>