[Air-L] Twitter Journalist Suspensions

Robert W Gehl lists at robertwgehl.org
Fri Dec 16 05:29:49 PST 2022

In addition to the 11 journalists being booted from Twitter, a related
development: Twitter is blocking links to Mastodon and other fediverse
sites. This morning, I attempted to post a link to my Mastodon profile
(https://scholar.social/@robertwgehl). It was blocked due to it being
"harmful content."

In addition, Twitter has suspended @joinmastodon, the main Mastodon
developers' account.

Perhaps this is an old fashioned capitalist attempt to crush the
competition?

Or maybe not. As a test, I tried posting a link to the far-right site
Gab.com, a social media site which harbors self-identified Nazis and was
the social media of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter. Gab styles itself
as a free speech absolutist alternative to Twitter.

The Gab.com link was allowed.

- Rob