[Air-L] Twitter Journalist Suspensions

Fred Fuchs fred at firesabre.com
Fri Dec 16 09:50:35 PST 2022

On 12/16/2022 7:29 AM, Robert W Gehl via Air-L wrote:
> In addition to the 11 journalists being booted from
> Twitter, a related development: Twitter is blocking links
> to Mastodon and other fediverse sites. This morning, I
> attempted to post a link to my Mastodon profile
> (https://scholar.social/@robertwgehl). It was blocked due
> to it being "harmful content."

1. After testing, this block doesn't appear comprehensive
across all of Twitter. It's possible to add a Mastodon link
as the name of one's Twitter account.

2. We only tested this with examples like
"mastodon.social/@(Mastodon account name)."

3. A warning though, adding a link to any incarnation of
Elonjet on other platforms might lead to Twitter account
suspension given the currently established precedent.

Fred

--
Fred Fuchs - Founder, CEO, & Producer
FireSabre Consulting LLC