[Air-L] Counter social

sharon at trebcon.com sharon at trebcon.com
Sun Dec 18 05:07:07 PST 2022

Dear all, indeed a very interesting thread. I join Emma's fears and Stu stand on what has to be done. In addition to the new SN Peter has introduced - Counter Social, which I didn't know of; I enrolled to the new SN - 'POST.NEWS' initiated by former CEO of Waze - Noam Bardin.

POST.NEWS - https://post.news/

See here - https://www.npr.org/2022/11/24/1139079748/leave-twitter-social-networks-mastodon-hive-post and here https://techcrunch.com/2022/11/28/post-news-twitter-alternative-a16z/

You have to join a waiting list for the platform and share some info about your interest in the platform. As I've declared my interest as a internet scientist / social media scholar, I was already given an option to sign in for the service. However as it was only a few days ago, I haven't had the option yet to do this, so I can't share pros and cons yet, but I do hope it will be more user friendly than Mastodon.

Thanks for an interesting though worrisome thread. Unfortunately, we haven't seen the worst yet.

Season's greeting, merry Christmas and a better 2023 for all of us

Sharon

Best Wishes,

Sharon Haleva Amir, PhD

 HCLT / TILT Research Fellow

School of Communication, Bar Ilan University

​My recent articles:

Sharon Haleva-Amir (2022). The 2019-20 Israeli electoral digital campaigns: Algorithmic campaigns’ slippery slope <https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13537121.2022.2134397> . Israel Affairs, 28(6), 940-955,

Sharon Haleva-Amir (2022). Digital campaigns’ trends in the general elections for the24th Knesset <https://www.ippi.org.il/digital-campaigns-trends-in-the-general-elections-for-the-24th-knesset/> . Spotlight Series. Israel Public Policy Institute

שרון חלבה-עמיר (2022). אלגוריתמיקה וקמפיינים דיגיטליים במערכות הבחירות של 2019 - 2022 בישראל: מגמות וסכנות <https://www.isoc.org.il/research/magazine/election-manipulation-israel> .  כתב עת למחקר רב-תחומי של אינטרנט וחברה בישראל.

https://communication.biu.ac.il/content/SharonHalevaAmir

https://biu.academia.edu/SharonHalevaAmir

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sharon_Haleva-Amir

SSRN Author Page: http://ssrn.com/author=1227022