[Air-L] Submission Deadline for #AoIR2022 is TOMORROW - 1 March 2022

Michelle, Association of Internet Researchers ac at aoir.org
Mon Feb 28 01:25:31 PST 2022

Hello!

*A reminder that the #AoIR2022 deadline for submissions is tomorrow: 1
March 2022, 23:59 UTC.*

If you are unsure what time this is where you are, please check here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=AoIR2022+Submission+Deadline&iso=20220301T235959

The 2022 conference welcomes contributions that address the theme of
*Decolonising
the Internet.* To re-familiarize yourself with the call for proposals and
types of submissions solicited, please see here:
https://aoir.org/aoir2022/subtypes/. Submissions deadline is 1 March 2022
for papers, panels, roundtables, fishbowls, experimental sessions, and
pre-conference workshops.

When submitting, please take the time to read the submission categories and
topics carefully; this helps us match your submission to a suitable
reviewer. To learn more about how submissions are reviewed, please see
here: https://aoir.org/sub_review_info_aoir/.

If accepted as a presenting author, you must register for the conference by
the Early Bird deadline of 1 August 2022. Accepted paper and panel
submissions will be included in our open access conference paper archive,
Selected Papers of Internet Research (SPIR). SPIR helps us further
publicise the work of our members and introduce our research to a wider
audience. *All paper and panel submissions must therefore follow our SPIR
formatting requirements,* which includes a consistent header and style
format for the papers that will enable people to easily locate author and
title information, and identify the papers as part of the AoIR conference.
This format is only intended to bring consistency to basic elements (such
as typeface and spacing), not to impose any disciplinary constraints.
Please download and utilise the Word template here:
https://aoir.org/aoir2022/subtemplate/.

Between the Invasion of Ukraine, serious flooding in Queensland
(Australia), ongoing COVID-19 waves and academic strikes in the UK, we're
aware that there may be unavoidable circumstances that disrupt timely
submissions of your long abstracts. While we discourage extension requests
generally as it makes the reviewing process more difficult, if you would
like to request a (short) extension, or have other queries about the
submission process, please email AoIRConfChair at aoir.org.

Click here to go to the submission site: https://www.conftool.org/aoir2022/

We look forward to your proposals and to a stimulating conference in Dublin!

Sincerely,
Kylie Jarrett
AoIR2022 Programme Chair