[Air-L] Request for literature on populist exploitation of outrage online

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:20:02 PST 2022

Hopefully videos from recovering academics count as "the literature" in
2022. I have just started looking at the strong presence of far-right
nationalists from the US in the "Trucker Convoy" discussions taking place
on Twitter about events in Ottawa. It looks like a QAnon convention
in parts of the Twitter data (minus the banned slogans) with the militant
and/or theocratic white nationalists openly engaged in the most extreme
forms of agitation. It is a transnational white nationalist movement. They
destroy the old inward white nationalism replacing it with Internet-enabled
cross national incivility, racism, and insurrectionism.

AmericaFirst Nationalism
https://vimeo.com/showcase/8653643

We Need to Talk About Gab
https://vimeo.com/showcase/8704426