[Air-L] New paper: A typology of consumers' strategies against algorithms

Godofredo Jr Ramizo godofredojr.ramizo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 02:30:00 PST 2022

Dear All,

Sharing in case it's of interest to anyone here.

My paper at *Information, Communication and Society, *outlines 18
strategies used by consumers on algorithmic systems and the implications of
these behaviours on the consumers themselves, platform workers, and the
platform company:

"Platform playbook: a typology of consumer strategies against algorithmic
control in digital platforms"
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1369118X.2021.1897151

There is a lot of work about workers' strategies against algorithmic
control, but there's much less work on how consumers behave and form
strategies against algorithmic control.This paper contributes to that.

I would be grateful if you could also share with colleagues and your
students who are working on people's behaviors when they use digital
platforms and algorithmic systems!

Thank you!

Best regards,
Dr. Godofredo Ramizo Jr.