[Air-L] Some good background info on the Fediverse/ActivityPub and R&D

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Fri Nov 25 12:49:40 PST 2022

Hi folks,

the Next Generation Internet initiative (of which we are an active part) published a good overview yesterday of its involvement with Mastodon, PeerTube, Owncast and other projects:

https://www.ngi.eu/blog/2022/11/24/how-ngi-supports-open-interoperable-decentralised-and-trust-based-internet-applications-through-fediverse-projects-like-mastodon/

Hope that will help people better understand what the depth and potential impact is of this phenomenon...

If someone wants to get in touch with one of the projects, contact me off-list.

Have a great weekend.

Best,
Michiel

P.S. I just noticed that OpenPGP signed emails are not allowed to be posted on this list. Perhaps some sysadmin could allow the use of this internet standard...

--
Support NLnet, the open internet and open source with just 5 minutes
of your time. Make a difference today.

Visit: http://nlnet.nl/help (English) - http://nlnet.nl/ayuda (Espanol)

Do you know people that have ideas to improve the internet? Or maybe you have such an idea yourself? Check out what we can do for you at https://nlnet.nl/propose and apply!