[Air-L] Job opening: Assistant or Associate Prof of Media Studies

Kevin Driscoll driscollkevin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 12:14:47 PST 2022

Hello AOIR!

I am writing to share another exciting job opening.

The Department of Media Studies at the University of Virginia seeks
applications for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor.
Preference will be given to candidates at the advanced assistant and
associate stages. We welcome candidates who work in any area of Media
Studies whose work supports our departmental mission.

For details on this position and the mission of the department, see:

https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Assistant-or-Associate-Professor--Department-of-Media-Studies_R0041580

(Please note that our department is also seeking a tenure
<http://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Assistant-Professor-of-Media-Studies--Tenure-Track_R0040677>track
Assistant Professor with a policy focus
<https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Assistant-Professor-of-Media-Studies--Tenure-Track_R0040677>
.
<http://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Assistant-Professor-of-Media-Studies--Tenure-Track_R0040677>
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply to both positions and must submit
a separate application for each to be considered for both.)

Best wishes from Charlottesville,
Kevin Driscoll
--

The Department of Media Studies at the University of Virginia
<https://mediastudies.as.virginia.edu> (UVA) seeks applications for a
advanced assistant and associate stages.

We welcome candidates who work in any area of Media Studies whose work
supports our departmental mission to understand the relationships between
culture, technology, labor, literacy, policy, infrastructure, and inequity.
With global emphasis, our faculty and students examine media from a variety
of perspectives that include media history; aesthetics and form; audience
analysis and media uses; ethics, policy, and legal studies; analysis of
power and difference, including race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, and
identity; the impact of media on public opinion and culture; and media
industries and economies. The department engages the role of media in these
social arrangements through a combination of humanistic and social
scientific approaches. We further focus on connecting with media
stakeholders, drawing on close proximity and connection to Washington, DC
and other national media centers to explore the global questions of the
field.

Qualified candidates at the assistant level must hold a Ph.D. in media
studies, communication, or a related field at the time of appointment.
Qualified candidates at the associate level must also have 3 or more years
of experience. Salary, rank, and tenure are commensurate with education and
experience.

This position will remain open until filled. A review of applications will
begin on November 28, 2022.

To submit your materials, please complete the online application form:

https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Assistant-or-Associate-Professor--Department-of-Media-Studies_R0041580

For additional information about the position, please contact, Dr. Lana
Swartz, Chair of Search Committee, lanaswartz at virginia.edu.

For questions about the application process, please contact Melanie
Sponaugle, Recruiter at unw5dq at virginia.edu.