[Air-L] Please get your facts right

Tama Leaver tamaleaver at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:57:23 PST 2022

Hi Everyone,

As one of the administrators for this list, can I please ask that this
thread end.

While AoIR allows for robust discussion, I think everyone's position is
clear and can't see anything else productive coming from further discussion
which has drifted a long way from the original topic(s).

Thanks for your cooperation.

-Tama Leaver,
AoIR President.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 8:14 AM Gullen, Christopher T. via Air-L <
air-l at listserv.aoir.org> wrote:

> Rod, I do not think you are a racist. I do, however,  think that you're an
> obtuse asshole.
>
> To make your commment to Steph who works at Arkansas and then publicly
> state that you're confused as to why her and other folks would be offended?
>
> Do you only think that quality scholars work at institutions in the north?
> I work in Massachusetts which, until earlier this month, had a Republican
> Governor, yes a liberal Republican but a Republican nonetheless who had
> very questionable attitudes toward public higher education.
>
> Get off your damn soapbox.  And yes, this was an ad hominem attack. Deal
> with it.

> ________________________________

Professor Tama Leaver (he/him)

President, Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) http://aoir.org
Professor of Internet Studies

School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry (MCASI)
Faculty of Humanities
Curtin University
GPO Box U1987 Perth WA Australia 6845
Ph: (+61 8) 9266 1258