[Air-L] CHI 2023 Call for Panels

Oliver Haimson oliverhaimson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:57:00 PDT 2022

Hello! We are soliciting Panels for the CHI 2023 (https://chi2023.acm.org/)
conference, which will take place in April 2023 in Hamburg, Germany. Please
check out the Panels CFP here: https://chi2023.acm.org/for-authors/panels/

You still have time to submit your best and exciting panel ideas before the
December 15, 2022 deadline!

Panels are held in their own 75-minute session at the conference. For CHI
2023, panels can be either hybrid (held in-person with ability for
panelists and attendees to participate virtually) or fully virtual.

A key feature of Panels is the importance of the issue in our community.
The following list is a few examples that we have considered may be
exciting for CHI 2023, but look forward to receiving proposals based on
your ideas, too.
- Lessons Learned from Covid-19’s Impact on HCI Research, Practice, and
Community
- Race, Gender, Class, Disability, Culture, and Intersectionality in HCI
- Participatory Design and Community-Based Participatory Research Methods
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Extended Reality Futures
- Researcher Positionality in HCI Research and CHI Papers
- Ethical and Value-Based approaches to HCI Research and Design
- HCI and AI: Connections, Challenges, and Next Steps
- Building Solidarity among Academic and Tech Workers
- Global Challenges and North – South Collaborations
- Work Life Balance for HCI Researchers

Please reach out to us at panels at chi2023.acm.org if you have any questions.

- Panels co-chairs Oliver Haimson and Shaimaa Lazem

--
Oliver Haimson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor