[Air-L] Will Academic Twitter Exist Under Elon Musk?

sally at sally.com sally at sally.com
Fri Oct 28 14:35:01 PDT 2022

Thank you!

Appreciate your tweeting it, too!

-Sally
________________________________
From: Sarah Ann Oates <soates at umd.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2022 6:28 AM
To: sally at sally.com <sally at sally.com>
Cc: Shulman, Stu <stu at texifter.com>; aoir list (air-l at aoir.org) <air-l at aoir.org>
Subject: Re: [Air-L] Will Academic Twitter Exist Under Elon Musk?

Great piece, just sent it to all my students! I think (subversively) I'll tweet it is as well .... while we still can :) Sarah

Sarah Oates
Pronoun: she/her

Professor and Senior Scholar
Philip Merrill College of Journalism
Distinguished Scholar-Teacher
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Email: soates at umd.edu<mailto:soates at umd.edu>
Phone: 301 455 2332
www.media-politics.com<http://www.media-politics.com>
Twitter: @media_politics

Support the UMD Student Crisis Fund<https://giving.umd.edu/giving/showPage.php?name=crisis-funding> today.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 11:53 PM S.A. Applin via Air-L <air-l at listserv.aoir.org<mailto:air-l at listserv.aoir.org>> wrote:
Hi Everyone.

I pitched and wrote a piece today and they also just put it up today. I couldn’t get all of the issues in such a short article, but I hope you enjoy it:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90802723/hello-elon-goodbye-the-twitter-we-once-knew

Sally

Sally Applin, Ph.D.
……….
Voted one of  Lighthouse 3’s '100 Brilliant Women in AI Ethics for 2020"
……….
Research Fellow
HRAF Advanced Research Centres (EU), Canterbury
Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing (CSAC)
Research Associate
Human Relations Area Files (HRAF)
Yale University
Member, Shortwave Collective
Member, IoT Council
http://www.posr.org
http://www.sally.com
……...
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2443-5530
sally at sally.com<mailto:sally at sally.com> | 650.339.5236

I am based in Silicon Valley

"If you think technology will solve your problems, you don’t understand technology —
and you don’t understand your problems.”  - Laurie Anderson, 2020