[Air-L] AOIR Discord?

Roo S rs5086 at nyu.edu
Wed Oct 26 07:23:21 PDT 2022

Hello!

I'm wondering what AoIR members think of building a Discord?  I realize
that there are several platforms out there, and ironically we all are
probably "too close" to some of the failings and/or opportunities of
community, communication and digital space, but I would imagine that this
group would probably hold a strong consensus that group email threads and
listservs is an outdated way to share, organize, search for, and apply
information.

I'd love to connect more deeply with anyone who's interested.  Here's a
brief/simple survey to help me follow up and/or learn from the group:
https://forms.gle/zbxmg5433r7LctKf8

Last but not least, here's an interesting article about the applications of
Discord for better digital community practice:
https://www.newkinco.com/projects/anitya-metaverse-platform

Looking forward to connecting!
Roo

--
Systems Thinking for Digital Products | linktr.ee/roosphere | Work with me
<https://www.workwithroo.com/>