[Air-L] AOIR Discord?

Venessa Paech nessa.paech at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:00:49 PDT 2022

Another endorsement for listservs and the like. Been using them since the
late 80s to build and manage communities and their demise is greatly
exaggerated. As those on this list appreciate it better than most, it's all
about context (Purpose, People, then Platform). Forums remain tried and
true for building sustainable communities (vs social networking platforms).

I'd prefer to participate in any kind of setting where we can maintain
cooperative governance and ownership if possible (and avoid the whims of
tech overlords).

Looking forward to catching up with many of you in person at AOIR shortly!

Cheers,
Venessa Paech
University of Sydney
+ 61 0435 217 315