[Air-L] AoIR Panel on Gender & Misinformation

Yvonne Eadon ymeadon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:25:01 PST 2023

Hello all!

I am putting together a panel on gender & misinformation for AoIR 2023 with
a couple of colleagues. We are looking for one or two additional papers
that examine online misinformation, disinformation, and/ or conspiracy
theories through the lens of gender and/or gender studies (what are we
missing when we don't discuss gender as a significant category in mis- and
disinfo studies?), gendered case studies (intersectional approaches to
online misogyny, harassment of women, etc.), and/ or instances in which
women and femmes have either freely spread or pushed back against gendered
misinformation. We are particularly interested in papers that examine these
topics in majority world contexts.

If interested, please shoot me an email with a 1 - 2 sentence description
of your paper.

Warmly,

Yvonne

--