[Air-L] AoIR 2023: Panel on Uses of Critical Technocultural Discourse Analysis?

André Brock andre.brock at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:25:09 PST 2023

Hey…

I’m writing to see if anyone (or their students or colleagues) would have
interest in pulling together a panel on how CTDA has been used for digital
studies over the last decade or so.   I’m not quite ready to propose a
method round table like the OG Jill Walker Rettberg or Nancy “mama bear”
Baym or Annette “Dean of Research” Markham, but maybe it’s time to see how
people like or dislike it?

Kevin Winstead and I are going to submit a paper on the same, but i thought
I’d put it out there.  Please reply to me if interested abrock35 at gatech.edu
to avoid spamming the list; the AoIR submission deadline is 3/1 so…um…hurry
up.

A.
--
I'd love to connect. Click https://cal.com/docdre/30min to schedule a
meeting with me!

André Brock
Associate Professor
Department of Literature, Media, and Communication
Georgia Institute of Technology
Twitter: @DocDre

Out now: Distributed Blackness: African American Cybercultures (2020, NYU
Press)

Winner, 2021 AoIR/Nancy Baym Book Award in Internet Studies

Winner, 2021 Harry Shaw and Katrina Hazzard-Donald Award for Outstanding
Work in African-American Popular Culture Studies