[Air-L] Newspaper articles about AI in The Times in 1949

Rakesh Biswas rakesh7biswas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:18:38 PST 2023

Thanks Jill,

For sharing this very interesting email.

My attention was drawn to one particular line and I quote,

Turing test’s weird gender framework by Turing addressing Jefferson’s idea
that “another animal of the same species wanting to mate with a mechanical
creature” would be a good test of “passing” as not mechanical.

Unquote

Turing never proposed a test in which a computer pretends to be human.

Turing proposed an imitation game in which a man and a computer compete in
pretending to be a woman and I wonder if that can be played out ?

Let's say all the others receiving your email here keep trying to figure
out if your email is from Jill or Jack or a genderless AI emailbot? 😃

Below is a link to more food for thought around the imitation game :

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/zero-moment/lie-lady-profoundly-weird-gender-specific-roots-turing-test/

best,

rb