[Air-L] Securing Information as a Public Good - Tribune

Serena Ciranna serenaciranna at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:59:41 PST 2023

Dear all,

Following the International symposium Information as a public good: Which
platform regulation for a troubled digital era?
<https://leplusimportant.org/documents/2023/02/information-as-a-public-good-which-platform-regulation-for-a-troubled-digital-era.pdf/>
at the UNESCO conference Internet for trust,
<https://www.unesco.org/en/internet-conference?hub=71542> we are inviting
you to co-sign the tribune Securing information as a public good: A path
forward to regulate platforms
<https://leplusimportant.org/documents/2023/02/tribune.pdf/>with help from
UNESCO and civil society to be published in an international news outlet
(like, ideally, NYTimes).

The tribune has support from UNESCO.

As the symposium has brought together experts, leading think tanks from all
continents and international institutions to discuss the most urgent issues
concerning platform regulation, our aim is now to extend the dialogue to
all stakeholders and to take a step forward.

We are sure that, as Internet researchers, you are concerned by the topic
of regulating platforms and safeguarding information as a public good.

You will find the tribune here
<https://leplusimportant.org/documents/2023/02/tribune.pdf/> - You can sign
it following this link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemQ978D5cLVLCGvvWOaI0MZ-4BIwGwIruDerCnVXMD6echwQ/viewform>
.

We are very grateful for your attention and we hope you will answer
positively to our call.

On behalf of the authors of the tribune and the organizers of the
symposium:

Leplusimportant  <https://leplusimportant.org/>

RadicalXChange  <https://www.radicalxchange.org/>

TESaCo <http://tesaco/>

--
Serena Ciranna, PhD
Research assistant at TESaCo, Académie des Sciences Morales et Politiques