[Air-L] Inviting Submissions for Journal of Environmental Media

Patrick Brodie patbrodie337 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 03:49:45 PDT 2023

The Journal of Environmental Media
<https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/jem/browse> (JEM)’s new
editorial team invites submissions for both full length peer-reviewed
articles (7000 words), shorter commentary pieces (1000-2000 words), and
book/media reviews (1000-2000 words).

JEM offers a scholarly platform to bridge work in environmental studies,
social justice, the environmental humanities, social sciences and media and
communication studies, focusing on the role of media, and digital media in
particular, in our understanding and perception of the environment,
environmental politics, and related social issues. It takes a pluralistic
and interdisciplinary approach to these topics, soliciting contributions
from media, film, and cultural studies, environmental justice,
infrastructure and materiality studies, STS, media anthropology, and
science, environmental, health and risk communication. Its scope includes a
range of environmental issues such as climate change, environmental racism,
energy infrastructures, health effects, biodiversity, climate migration,
and e-waste.

JEM’s new editorial team includes Juliet Pinto and Patrick Brodie
(editors), Alix Johnson and Anne Pasek (associate editors), and Lisa Han
and Rachel Jekanowski (reviews editors). We are excited to see formally
innovative submissions that blur disciplinary boundaries, trouble the line
between nature and culture, and surface latent or sidelined conversations
and methodologies in the field. We invite scholars working in the arts,
industry, or applied fields, as well as academia, to consider placing their
research here.

JEM is published through Intellect and offers indexing through
International Bibliography of the Social Sciences and the option of Open
Access publication with a variety of Creative Commons licences. We are
pleased, going forward, to also offer Online First availability for all
articles in our publication queue.

The journal’s editors invite notes of interest and full submissions at
jemintellect at gmail.com.

--
Dr. Patrick Brodie
Lecturer/Assistant Professor (Ad Astra Fellow)