[Air-L] Seeking assistance on a social media research project

Jaigris Hodson Jaigris.Hodson at RoyalRoads.ca
Thu Jun 1 16:14:42 PDT 2023

Hi Shannon,

Given the topic, I would actually recommend survey or interview data. I do not think scraping social sites will actually deliver answers to the broad research question you describe. If your colleague wants to understand impact, they really need to speak to the communities involved, rather than looking at social media content. Content doesn’t tell us anything about impact to these activist communities.

Happy research!