[Air-L] CFP: Professional and Pedagogical Approaches to Generative AI

Hamlet Lopez hamletres at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:46:40 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

I think that in addition to calls like these, extremely valuable and
important, we need much lighter, agile and fast formats to initiate
conversations about the impact of  Generative AI on our field of
study. The changes are occurring at breakneck speed, as anyone who
follows the r/LocalLLaMA and r/ChatGPT communities in Reddit can
attest.

I am eager to collaborate or join forces to anyone who wishes to
organize an agile online workshop or publication, or any other similar
artifact for public exchange of ideas. For example, a call for short
presentations of 1000 - 1500 words, presenting initial arguments,
proposals or concerns about Generative AI and Communication Studies.
Without looking for a well-rounded academic publication, but rather a
flexible exchange of thougts that allows quick mapping of initial
concepts, problems and areas to monitor. And in a period of 3 or 4
months after the initial call, make public a final product (an ebook?
A website? ...).

In summary, I feel that the speed and depth of the changes can make
our mental models age much faster than what we would like.

kind regards,

Hamlet